Lake Tahoe (North and West Shore)
TOURISM AND ACTIVITIES
Lake Tahoe, a crystal clear, aqua blue lake in the snowy Sierra Nevadas, entices athletes, adventurers and travelers to its easy-going, pine scented air and year-around activities. Lake Tahoe is the nation’s largest alpine lake, and the second in depth (behind Crater Lake in Oregon). Tahoe straddles both California and Nevada. Lake Tahoe real estate mentioned on this website is situated in clusters of small towns in and around the North and West shores of Lake Tahoe, located on the California side of the Lake.
You’re going to find some of the state’s most iconic tourism on Lake Tahoe, such as the 1929 Nordic-style mansion Vikingsholm, and the highly photographed, partly-submerged granite boulders of Sand Harbor (my family’s favorite beach). Many of the beaches here on Lake Tahoe are on a shallow sand bar, and have soft, grainy sand, or small polished pebbles.
The recreation you’ll find in the Lake Tahoe basin is unmatched. Where to begin? Let me tell you what my favorites are: boating, golf, hiking, biking, (I love both mountain biking and road biking) and skiing. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful background for adventure than here in Tahoe.
Let’s get to the real estate; North Lake Tahoe real estate begins at about $500,000 for small cabins or condos (not on the water) and can well exceed $10,000,000 for larger lakefront estates. Lake Tahoe real estate offers something for everyone, from timeless Tahoe style cabins to contemporary lakefront estates, you are sure to find the perfect home. I’d love to help you do that.
North Lake Tahoe Real Estate
Kings Beach, Carnelian Bay, Tahoe Vista, Tahoe City and more
- North Lake Tahoe is known for it’s relaxed style, and the minute you take a deep breath of that mountain air, you’ll agree.
- Top Tahoe restaurants to try: Casual: Jasons Beachside Grill, Lanza’s, and Garwoods. Fine dining: Jake’s on the Lake, Wolfdales, and Christy Hill
- Not-to-be-missed activities: River rafting on the Truckee River (board rafts in Tahoe City), Granlibakken Treetop Adventure, and Kayaking and Paddleboarding on Lake Tahoe, or, best of all, boating on Lake Tahoe.
- North Lake Tahoe real estate to check out: there’s lots, so please fill out a form, call, or email me and I can listen to your criteria and set you up for an email listing alert when matching properties hit the market.
West Shore Lake Tahoe
Homewood, Tahoma, Sunnyside, Meeks Bay
- Tahoe’s Westshore has residents who have their priorities straight – they seek family traditions and complete detachment from the grind. While you’ll see some of the most magnificent lakefront properties on the lake, you’ll also see some old-Tahoe Scandinavian designed homes with beautiful beams and old-world character.
- Dining on the Lake: Sunnyside, and West Shore Cafe
- Not-to-be-missed activities: hike down into Emerald Bay and Vikingsholm Castle, or the hike to Eagle Falls. Have an adult beverage at the iconic bar on the pier, Chamber’s Landing pier and beach, tour the Ehrman Mansion at Sugar Pine State Park, or best of all, boating on Lake Tahoe.
- Lake Tahoe real estate on the West Shore: please call, text, email, or fill out a form so we can talk about your criteria, and set you up with an email listing alert when matching homes hit the market.